How can we help you?
Education and information are important, and we have found that patients who ask questions and stay involved in their dental care have better outcomes. We always welcome your questions, and we are happy to take the time to address your concerns.
Check out our list of questions patients often ask us about our practice, the services we provide, and dental care in general. If you have a question that isn’t answered here or you would like more information, you are always welcome to call our office or send us an email using our convenient online form.
Dental Bonding & Fillings
During your examinations and cleanings, we'll be checking your teeth for cavities. Depending on the size of the cavity, we may be able to see it during our visual inspection of your teeth. If the cavity is still fairly small, we'll be able to spot it on your x-rays.
While amalgam fillings are an effective method of stopping cavities, newer composite resins do have some distinct advantages.
Advantages of Composite Resin Fillings:
- The color of the filling blends in perfectly with your natural tooth color.
- The resin bonds to your tooth from the inside, giving the tooth additional support.
- Resin fillings require less removal of natural tooth structure.
- Resin fillings are 100% mercury free.
- In addition to filling cavities, composite resin can be used to make other repairs to the teeth such as fixing chips.