This important therapy is performed when the root canal that is a part of the structure of your tooth becomes infected or damaged.
Reasons You Might Need a Root Canal
- Trauma has caused your tooth to fracture.
- A cavity has progressed too far and decay has reached the root canal or nerve of your tooth.
- You have an abscess, a serious infection of the tooth and gum.
- Decay has started again under an old metal filling.
- A previous injury has damaged the pulp or the nerve of your tooth.
Often, pain is a reliable signal that root canal therapy is needed, but if the nerve is dead, you might not feel pain even though we can see the need for a root canal on an x-ray.
If we believe that you need a root canal, we'll discuss this with you and present you with all of your options.