What are the benefits of composite resin fillings?
While amalgam fillings are an effective method of stopping cavities, newer composite resins do have some distinct advantages:
- The color of the filling blends in perfectly with your natural tooth color.
- The resin bonds to your tooth from the inside, giving the tooth additional support.
- Resin fillings require less removal of natural tooth structure.
- Resin fillings are 100% mercury free.
- In addition to filling cavities, composite resin can be used to make other repairs to the teeth such as fixing chips.