What are the benefits of composite resin fillings?
While amalgam fillings are an effective method of stopping cavities, newer composite resins do have some distinct advantages.
Advantages of Composite Resin Fillings:
- The color of the filling blends in perfectly with your natural tooth color.
- The resin bonds to your tooth from the inside, giving the tooth additional support.
- Resin fillings require less removal of natural tooth structure.
- Resin fillings are 100% mercury free.
- In addition to filling cavities, composite resin can be used to make other repairs to the teeth such as fixing chips.