Choosing a dentist for your family is a big responsibility. You want to make sure that you are comfortable with your decision and know that you’ve made a good choice.
It can help to know what to look for while you are checking around to find your family’s dentist in Aloha, OR. At a minimum, any dentist you pick should meet these 5 criteria:
- Experience - Experience is important. You want a dentist who has the knowledge and skill to identify problems and treat them with up-to-date techniques that are comfortable and effective.
- Compassion - So many people these days have anxiety when it comes to dental care! The dentist you choose should be part of the solution rather than part of the problem. A gentle, compassionate dentist who takes your comfort seriously and makes it a top priority is a good choice.
- Availability - It doesn’t do much good to have a friendly, skilled dentist if you are never able to get in to see them! Look for a practice with convenient office hours that meet the needs of your family. Early morning hours or later evening hours will help you get the care you need without missing out on important commitments like school and work.
- Services -Your family’s dentist should offer a range of services so you can get the care you need without having to go from office to office. If you have kids, a dentist with experience treating children is important. Excellent family dentists offer everything from preventive care to restorative and emergency dentistry to cosmetic treatments!
- Teamwork -Who are the members of your practice’s dental team? These are the people you will work with to schedule your appointments, handle any questions regarding insurance, and get you comfortable and settled for your appointment. The dental team should be friendly, welcoming, and work well together. Take a moment to observe and watch for smiling faces and a clear commitment to excellent care!
At Smith Dental, with locations in Hillsboro and Aloha, Oregon, we provide the gentle, compassionate dental care you and your family deserve! We’d love to discuss your needs and your concerns with you. Give us a call today to schedule a visit!